What You Need:
- Large pasta shell
- 2 small pasta shells
- 4 red pipe cleaners
- 2 googly eyes
- Red acrylic paint
What You Do:
- Paint all three pasta shells with red paint. Let them dry.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half. Glue four to each side of the large pasta shell. Make sure you glue them to the smaller ends of the shell.
- Glue the eyes to the front of your shell.
- Glue the small shells to the front two pipe cleaners. These will be your front pincers.
- Let your crab dry.
Working on this crab with your child is a great time to discuss and learn about coastal crabs.
Did You Know?
- Crabs live in tidal pools and rocks.
- Crabs walk sideways and have 8 legs.
- If a crab loses a claw, it will grow back again.
- Crabs are important members of their ecosystem because they eat dead fish and clean up the environment.