What You Need:
- 1 CD of lively kids’ music
- CD player
- At least 3 players
What You Do:
This is a very silly and simple game. It’s sort of a cross between “Simon Says” and “Musical Chairs”. The rules are simple.
- When the music starts, the kids will walk around the room, listening for your directions.
- When you call out an animal exercise, such as “Hop like a rabbit!” all the kids need to follow your direction.
- Each time they hear another direction, they switch their motion.
- Play continues until the music stops, at which point all kids need to freeze in position. If you catch them moving, they’re “out”.
- The last kid standing wins the game.
Here are some suggested directions to use:
- Run like a tiger
- Skip like a kangaroo
- Hop like a rabbit
- Jump like a frog
- Toss like a monkey (when inside, use something soft for this, like a small pillow)
- Stretch like a giraffe
This is a great way to help your little animal get some exercise while practicing his gross motor skills!