What You Need:
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 cheese slices or shredded cheese (marble, cheddar or mozzarella)
- 4 of your favorite apples, washed, cut and diced with the skin on.
- Margarine or butter
- A cookie sheet
- A butter knife
- Bacon bits (optional)
What You Do:
- Lay out the cookie sheet (do not grease).
- Have your child use a butter knife to put butter or margarine on the slices of bread.
- Now, she can put the cheese slices or shredded cheese on each piece of bread! (If you are choosing to shred the cheese, you may wish to help younger children with this, as little fingers may get too close to the grater.)
- Have your child sprinkle the chopped apples on the cheese-covered slices.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over the apples (if you feel like them!)
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Cool for a couple of minutes and it's time to eat!
Thank your little chef for a quick, easy meal that's a whole lot healthier than traditional pizza.