What You Need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Melted chocolate for dipping (Optional)
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Coat two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Show her how to cream the butter and sugar.
- Have her measure and add the vanilla and milk.
- Ask her to mix in the flour and rolled oats until well combined.
- Drop the batter onto baking sheets in heaping teaspoonfuls, leaving about 3 inches in between each. They really spread out, so if you don’t give them adequate space, they'll connect and form one large cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing the cookies from baking sheets.
- Carefully slide the cookies off with a spatula and allow them to cool completely before serving.
To make these cookies extra special, drizzle them with melted chocolate after they are completely cooled. If you have any cookies left over, simply reheat them in the oven at 350° F for several minutes to crisp them up again.