What You Need:
- 2 squares of polar fleece or felt, 4" by 4"
- Fine-tipped marker
- Fiber fill stuffing
What You Do:
1. Make hand sewing the biscornu as easy as possible by helping your daughter draw the stitch line directly onto the fabric. Use the marker to draw a line ½ inch from the edge on all four sides of one fabric square (see photo).
2. Put this lined fabric square on top of the other, right sides together. Slide the top square to the side so that the corner of the sewing line is at the center point of the unmarked sewing line of the bottom square (see photo). Pin fabric in place.
3. Sew from this corner to the center of the top piece of fabric. This is where it lines up with the corner of the bottom piece of fabric. Remove pins.
4. Pin the next corner of the top piece of fabric in place at the center of the corresponding side on the bottom square. The fabric will no longer lie flat but will start to take on the biscornu shape (see photo).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until only one section remains unstitched. Turn biscornu right side out and stuff. Then sew closed.
6. Hold one button onto the top of the biscornu and the second button onto the bottom. Pull the thread between the two buttons as tight as possible, compressing the pin cushion into a pillow like shape.