What You Need:
- Chicken wings, fully boiled and seasoned w/ salt & pepper
- 1 fresh lemon (or lime)
- 1 carrot
- 1 peeled potato
- 1 small onion
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
What You Do:
- Place the boiled chicken wings into a large pot.
- Chop the potato into cubes and have your child place them into the pot.
- Dice up the onion and the carrot. Have your child add these to the pot.
- Fill up the large pot halfway with water.
- Cut the lemon (or lime) in half. Have your child squeeze in the juices. Be sure to save a wedge as a garnish.
- Add several dashes allspice for added seasoning.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Cover the pot and let simmer until carrots and potatoes are fully cooked.
Add a slice of baked bread or Bahamian Johnny cake for a delicious, vitamin- and protein-enriched pick me up on a cold afternoon!