What You Need:
- Cereal box
- Black poster board
- Twine or thin cotton rope
- Gold tempera paint
- Painting tray
What You Do:
- Help your child cut a circle out of the cereal box cardboard.
- Using a pencil, draw the outline of an animal shape onto the cardboard. Any animal shape will look great. However, if you want the outcome to appear more traditional, visit the Internet to find images of Ancient Colombian Animal Drawings to find patterns to copy.
- Draw with glue on top of the pencil lines.
- Carefully lay the twine or cotton rope on top of the glue, following the pattern of the animal. Once the string is in position, firmly press it in place. Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Pour some gold paint into the painting tray and allow your child to paint on top of the entire raised drawing, making sure to cover all of the base and string so no cardboard or string show through. It may take two coats of paint.
- Allow the gold paint on the wall sculpture to dry completely
- Glue the wall sculpture in the center of a square piece of black poster board.
Visit this link for images of Colombian line animal drawings.