What You Need:
- One spring-tension curtain rod to fit a doorway
- Old sheet
- Fabric pens
- A mixture of half glue, half tempera paint
- Paint pots
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Felt shapes (optional)
- Foam Shapes (optional)
What You Do:
- With fabric pens, glue paint, glitter and any other decorative item or material your child would like to use, have him decorate the old sheet. This is your puppet show curtain.
- Let the paint and decorations dry completely.
- Position a spring-tension curtain rod in a doorway at whatever height is suitable for your young puppeteer.
- Drape the sheet over the rod. Or, you can sew a simple casing at the top to push the curtain rod through.
- As soon as you place the curtain rod in the doorway, you're ready for showtime!
Once your child is done playing, roll the curtain around the rod for easy storage.