What You Need:
- Four washed and dried eggshells
- Tempera paint
- White glue
- Small terracotta pot
What You Do:
- Have your child paint the terracotta pot a solid color with the tempera paint. Let it dry and paint a second coat of paint, making sure the entire pot is completely covered.
- Paint the eggshells different colors and allow them to dry.
- Crush the eggshells into small pieces and keep the colors in separate piles.
- Have your child use pencil to draw an outline of a design on the pot. The larger and simpler the outlines, the easier it will be to follow the pattern.
- Spread a thin layer of glue in one small area on the pot, about the size of quarter.
- While the glue is wet, begin laying down the eggshells, using a toothpick to help move them around. Work in small sections until your child completes your entire design. Allow the background color to come through as grout.
Now your child can put small stones at the bottom of the pot and plant something inside for a beautiful addition to a kitchen window.