What You Need:
- 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1” strips with kitchen shears
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free Panko style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, combine the butter, olive oil, and garlic.
- In another shallow dish, combine the Panko-style breadcrumbs, cheese, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Have your child dip the first chicken strip in the butter and olive oil mixture.
- Next, ask her to dredge the chicken strip in the breadcrumb mixture, making sure all sides are well-coated. Lay the strip on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the chicken strips are breaded and arranged on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the chicken strips are cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and your family’s favorite dipping sauces. Enjoy!
Not familiar with Panko? It's a flaky, crispy Japanese breadcrumb typically made from crustless bread. It's lighter and crunchier than Western breadcrumbs and makes a great coating for fried foods such as tonkatsu or Japanese pork cutlets.