What You Need:
- Large piece of paper
- Red and white paint
What You Do:
- Lay the paper on a flat work surface and use the marker to help your child draw a thick outline of a candy cane. The candy cane should be slightly wider than your child's hand.
- With your child, pencil in lines where the stripes will go.
- Check to make sure her hands are clean, then help her paint the candy cane with an even coat of white paint.
- Starting at the bottom of the outline, help her stamp a handprint to form the first stripe.
- Continue stamping white handprints on alternating stripes, recoating her hand with paint for each handprint.
- Help your child wash her hand. Once her hand is thoroughly dry, repeat the process on the alternate stripes using red paint.
When the painted candy cane is completely dry, invite your child to cut out the candy cane and hang it up.