What You Need:
- About 10 sheets of paper (graph paper, colored or white, works well)
- Narrow ribbon
- Markers (optional)
What You Do:
- Cut the sheets of paper into four equal-size strips. Make sure the strips are wide enough for your child to write on; a width of 2" or 3" is good to use.
- Line up the papers into four even stacks, making sure the ends are even. There should be 10 pages in each stack.
- Using a straight edge, fold over the top edge of the stack of paper about 1/2". Secure with a staple.
- Thread the ribbon through the fold above the staple. Tie in a double knot.
- Optional: With the markers, section each strip into five spaces and label each space with the days of the week. This will let your child know where to write his assignments. As the week passes, tear the top strip off to reveal the new week below it!
Now your child has a bookmark he can write the assignment on as soon as it's given. Close the ribbon ends in the book on days when there’s no assignment, or leave them out to help remember to bring the book home.