What You Need:
- Simple soft lunch bag
- Sharpie pens or fabric markers
- Felt or foam sheets
- Construction paper
- Hot glue gun
What You Do:
- Have your child plan his monster face and hair by drawing it on the bag in pencil. The mouth, lips, and teeth go around the opening flap of the cloth bag.
- When he’s happy with his design, he can trace over the pencil with marker.
- Now he can color in the face with markers if the lunch bag is light colored.
- For another option, he could cut out felt, foam, or construction paper shapes to fill in the face and hair. After he places shapes where he wants them, help him use the hot glue gun to attach shapes to lunch box or bag around the opening, so that it looks like the monster’s mouth opens when the lunch box opens
- For more detail (such as eyeballs), he can use pens to draw inside the shapes.
Now your child has a handmade lunch bag to match his monster appetite!