What You Need:
- Large marshmallows
- Black marker
- Tooth picks
- Small sticks (from your yard or the park if you like)
- Hair spray (optional)
What You Do:
- Have your child pick out three good-looking marshmallows to be the head, tummy and bottom of her snowman. Have her count each marshmalllow as she picks it.
- Stack the marshmallows on top of each other and secure them in place with one or two toothpicks (stick them through the centers of the marshmallows).
- Take two small sticks and push them into the sides of your snowman to make his arms.
- Help your child cut a piece of ribbon about as long as your hand from the tip of your middle finger to your wrist. Help your child wrap this ribbon around the neck of her snowman to give him a scarf.
- Use a black marker to give the snowman a face and buttons on his tummy. Help your child draw the face if she needs a steady hand. The orange marker will help you make a perfect carrot nose.
- When your child has finished her decorations, lightly spray your snowman with hairspray to help keep the bugs away and preserve your creation.
Your snowman will be adorable, but not edible! Make as many as you want to decorate your house as a winter wonderland!