What You Need:
- Colored markers
- Pumpkin seeds
What You Do:
- Let your child choose a marker.
- Pick out a color different color marker for yourself.
- Give one paper to your child and keep one for yourself.
- Set the timer for one minute.
- Both you and your child should doodle lines, swirls and angles across your paper.
- When the timer dings, swap papers.
- Each of you should choose a different color marker.
- Set the timer for another minute.
- Add on to your child's drawing while she adds onto yours until the timer dings.
- Repeat this process for just two rounds—or many, many more! Stop whenever the two of you feel like it.
- Have your child use the same markers she just used to color the pumpkin seeds.
- Help her glue their pumpkin seeds to the marker lines on both pieces of paper.
- Display both pieces of artwork next to each other. Do they look the same? Can your child tell where her lines end and yours begin?
This isn't just great for you and your child—it also is the perfect activity for the whole family! There's no limit to how many people can participate in the collaborative art fun.