What You Need:
- Empty cereal box
- X-acto knife or craft cutter
- Ruler or straigh tedge
- Decorative paper or fabric
- Markers, colored pencils, or pens
- Variety of decorations like buttons, motifs, sequins, etc.
What You Do:
- Using your knife, carefully cut the top off the cereal box.
- Use the ruler to draw a diagonal line down the front and back of the box, from the top corners to about 3" above the bottom corners.
- Draw another line across the short end of the box where the lines are lowest, connecting the two lines. Use your knife to carefully cut along the lines.
- Now decorate the box however you wish to match you or your child's own style! Use the paper or fabric and glue to line the box; it's nice to use contrasting paper to line the inside and cover the outside. Add decorations or draw motifs and designs on the paper as you see fit. If you want to recycle old objects, wallpaper scraps are also good for this project.
Voilà! Now your child doesn't have to hunt for her lost notebooks again with this fun and personal organizer. You can also use this project as a great by-the-door spot to store things like picture money and PTA forms.