What You Need:
- Tag board
- Hole punch
- White paper
- Letter stamps or stickers
What You Do:
- Invite your child to find a piece of tag board or re-purpose a piece of cardboard for making the front and back cover of her summer scrapbook.
- Now she can use a ruler to measure and then cut the front and back cover for her summer scrapbook.
- To create the pages for her summer scrapbook she can use some white paper, measured and cut the same size as her front and back cover. She can decide how many pages she would like her scrapbook to have.
- Now she can use the hole punch to create holes along the topsides of her book, making sure they all line up!
- Offer your child a length of twine or string to use for binding her summer scrapbooks. All books have some sort of binding, or way to hold or fasten the book together. Otherwise, her scrapbook pages would all come out! She can experiment with weaving her twine in and out of her holes to create an interesting design and then tie a double knot when finished.
- Now your child can use letter stamps, stickers and paint to decorate the front of her summer scrapbook!
Encourage her to carry her summer scrapbook with her to document all the wonderful things that happen during her summer!