What You Need:
- White plate
- Red food-safe porcelain paint marker
- Orange food-safe porcelain paint marker
- Brown food-safe porcelain paint marker
What You Do:
- Ask your child to write down his top six favorite things that he's most grateful for. Help him out a bit if he gets stumped. Sometimes the best things, like healthy bodies and good friends, are taken for granted.
- Gather up the porcelain paint markers and see if your child can guess why we associate the colors red, orange and brown with fall.
- Preheat the oven to the temperature on the pack of markers.
- Help him use a marker to write "Thanksgiving" on the top of the plate and "Plate" on the bottom.
- Let him draw a curved line from "Thanksgiving" to "Plate" and another one from "Plate" to "Thanksgiving" to create a border.
- Underneath "Thanksgiving," have him write "I'm thankful for:"
- Have him use the markers to draw pictures on the plate of what he's grateful for.
- Ask him to label each picture.
- Once the oven has reached the correct temperature, put the plate in the oven to bake the ink on.
- Use potholders to remove the plate and let cool.
- While it's cooling off, talk to him about why he's grateful for each thing on his plate.
At your Thanksgiving dinner, your child can show off his beautiful Thanksgiving plate to all his family and friends before he covers it up with delicious food!