What You Need:
- Empty Kleenex box
- Magazines with photos
- Colored construction paper
- Paints, markers, stickers, and glitter glue (optional)
What You Do:
- Start off by helping your child use the Internet to research some charities. Is there any cause she's especially passionate about? Does she want to donate to a charity that helps lost animals? Or one that gives food to hungry children?
- Once she's picked a charity, it's time to cut out some decorations! Encourage her to look through the magazines and find pictures that she wants to use. She can use pretty pictures, or she can design her box to match the charity she's chosen. She could find pet photos if she plans to donate money to an animal shelter, or food pictures if donating to a food bank. She can also cut out shapes from colorful construction paper to add to her decorations.
- When she has her decorations all ready, have her glue her pictures and designs on the box in whatever design she wants.
- After the glue's dry, if she wants to add some extra pizazz, she can draw on the box with markers, or decorate with paints, stickers and glitter glue.
When she's all done, have her set up her finished box in the house to collect the family's spare change. Just insert the coins in the hole where Kleenex came out. Once she has enough, help her donate the money to the charity she's chosen!