What You Need:
- Red and pink felt
- Red and pink thread
- Glitter glue
- Craft wire
- Needle-nosed pliers
- Small beads (optional)
- Yarn or a necklace
What You Do:
- Lay some paper on a flat surface.
- Have your child fold the sheets of felt in half, and draw a half heart on the creased side. They should measure about an inch tall.
- Cut out the heart shapes. You will need two hearts, sandwiched together, for every charm.
- Have your child thread a needle with thread, and try to use a color that contrasts with the color of the felt so it stands out.
- Help your child sew two felt hearts together. Voila! You have a heart charm.
- Now get creative and embellish the charm with glitter glue and beads, if you'd like. Some glitter around the edges gives it a neat look!
- Keep making charms until you have enough for a bracelet or necklace, and lay them on a piece of paper to dry completely.
- Flip the charms over face down on the paper, and cut a 1 1/2" piece of craft wire.
- Bend the wire into a U shape with the pliers.
- Squeeze a drop of glue on the back of a heart charm, and press the bent craft wire into the glue so the loop sticks up over the top of the charm.
- Repeat steps 8-10 for all of your charms.
- Let the glue to dry overnight.
- String the charms onto a chain or a piece of yarn to create a necklace or bracelet.
Every time you look at these charms, you'll be reminded of your love!