What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Black construction paper
- Tempera paint, black
- White glue
- Sequins, poms, buttons, etc.
- Hole punch (Optional)
- Elastic cord (Optional)
What You Do:
- Encourage your child to paint the paper plate black. Set the wet plate to aside to dry.
- Help your child roll a sheet of black paper into a cone shape and tape it in place. Ask her to cut off the remaining paper to complete the cone shape.
- Encourage her to decorate the cone using sequins, poms, buttons, or anything else she wants to use.
- Glue the cone to the center of the black plate.
- If she'd like to create a witch hat that she can wear, have her punch two holes on either side of the plate.
- Then, have her cut a piece of elastic cords and tie the ends to the holes to help hold it on her head. Add a black cape and a broom, and you'll have a truly bewitching costume!
This hat makes an adorable table decoration. Or, you could make several hats and place them around the house to create a delightfully spooky mood.