What You Need:
- Poster board in red, white and blue
- Construction paper
- Safety scissors
What You Do:
- Cut 9" x 4" strips from red, white and blue poster board. This size hat will fit a preschool-age child. Adjust the length of the strips for a larger child.
- Have your child trace around a star template and cut out yellow construction paper stars to glue on the blue strip.
- Cut out stripes from white construction paper to glue on the red poster board strip.
- Why do we use stars and stripes on patriotic pictures? Where else do you see these symbols?
- The white strip is great for an original drawing by the child or stickers that represent Independence Day.
- Staple the short ends of the strips together to complete a three-cornered hat.
- Glue or tape a feather in one of the corners.
Invite your child to wear this patriotic hat while celebrating Veterans Day, Memorial Day, or even the birthday of the United States on July 4th.