Rhyming Fun: Hop on Pop
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Learning to Rhyme pre-lesson.
Students will be able to recognize and produce simple rhymes.
- Use a song or rhyme to gather children at your group area.
- Tell students that today they're going to make rhymes with word pairs.
- Let students know that today they will be practicing rhymes with a book.
- Use a familiar rhyme or pre-teach a new rhyme so that your students are able to follow along.
- Preview the lesson topic by reviewing the definition of a rhyme using images or objects of things that rhyme.