Identifying Parts of a Book
Need extra help for EL students? Try the What's in a Book? pre-lesson.
Students will be able to correctly identify parts of a book.
- Tell the students that they will be learning about the different parts of a book in today's lesson.
- Ask them if they know any parts of a book off the top of their head, and jot them down on the whiteboard.
- Play a quick game of Around The Room by saying the name of an item and having students find and touch the item (e.g. "Find a pencil").
- Explain that just like pencils, erasers, and desks have different names, there are different names for parts of a book and today you will be learning about them.
- Ask students to turn and talk to a partner to share what they know about books.
- Provide them with the sentence stem, "I know that books have____" for support.