Decorate Your Own Pillowcase Activity
To sleep, perchance to dream... Most parents dream of their kids sleeping more, and many wish their child would not put up a fight when it comes time to go to bed. This hand-decorated pillowcase is a great way to make the bedtime ritual a little easier and help your child find sweet dreams!
What You Need:
- 1 white cotton pillowcase
- Fabric paint in assorted colors
- Paint brush
- Optional: piece of cardboard the size of the pillowcase
What You Do:
- If the pillowcase is new, wash and dry it before you start.
- Lay newspaper down to avoid messy paint accidents.
- Spread out the pillowcase onto the newspaper. If you can find a piece of cardboard that's about the same size, slide it into the pillowcase so the paint won't seep through to the other side, and clip the corners down to avoid smears.
- Use the fabric paint to paint a big sun, a rainbow, and the words, "Good Morning!" on one side of the pillowcase. Let it dry overnight.
- The next day, turn the pillowcase over. On that side, paint a moon, stars, and write, "Good Night!" or "Sweet Dreams!" Let it dry overnight.
- Turn the pillowcase inside out and wash it on the gentle cycle, or hand wash it.
- Slide it onto a pillow and place it on your child's bed, and she's ready for a night of some sweet dreams! Don't forget to flip it over from the "Good Night" side to the "Good Morning" side when she wakes up.
- This activity can be done a number of ways. Write "Good Night" and "Good Morning" in another language, or decorate using simple or silly drawings, your child's name, her hand print, hearts, or even a loving message to comfort a child afraid of the dark. Do this activity at a sleepover for a great party favor that everyone is sure to love!