Decorating your house for Halloween just got spookier with these hanging fuzzy spiders. Make these muffin cup spiders from simple baking supplies to surprise your guests and make them jump! Don’t worry, these are friendly spiders that help kids discover their creativity and crafting skills.
What You Do:
- Show your child how to thread the needle. This is great hand-eye coordination practice!
- Select two muffin baking cups of the same color and place one inside the other, to ensure a sturdy spider.
- Have your child thread the sewing needle down into the bottom of the cup and back up again so you have a thread to hang the cups with. Cut off the string and tie a knot at the end.
- Have your child cut four pipe cleaners in half and fold them into the joints for the spider’s eight legs.
- Glue the eight legs under the side edges of the muffin cups.
- Glue googly eyes on the muffin cup for the spider’s eyes.
- Your child can also cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and glue it under the eyes for the spider’s mouth.
Hand the spiders up anywhere that needs a festive touch!