Does your teen wish she could indulge in a day at the spa but doesn’t quite have the budget for it? No problem—with this quick and sweet exfoliating scrub, you and your child can enjoy the benefits of a day at the spa without ever leaving your kitchen! This activity offers a great chance to bond with your child in a low-key, approachable way. After all, who doesn't love getting pampered?
What You Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 large bowls
- 1 small bowl
- Hot water
- 2 hand towels
- Vanilla or other essential oil (optional)
What You Do:
- Before you begin the pampering, mix up the exfoliating scrub. Have your child place the stick of butter in the small bowl and slowly press small amounts of sugar into it, letting the butter soften as you work with it. Continue mixing the butter and sugar until the mixture has an even consistency.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essential oil to the mixture if using.
- Help your child fill the large bowls with hot water and place one hand towel in each.
- Now for the spa treatment! Use the exfoliating scrub on your lips, hands, feet, elbows and any other dry patches.
- Take turns giving each other a hand or foot massage, then wring out the hand towels and wrap them around your hands or feet for extra relaxation.
- To rinse off the exfoliating scrub, dip your hands in the water that you used to heat up your hand towel. Use the towel to wipe down any extra spots that need scrubbing!
- Save any extra exfoliating scrub in the refrigerator for another day, but make sure you label it clearly!