Craft a Clothespin Bug
Kids love bugs. Parents, not so much. Why not compromise and make your very own critter that both parents and kids can enjoy? This activity is a creative and fun way to boost a child’s motor skills while giving her a lasting toy. When the craft is done, your child will have her very own colorful creature to buzz around the house.
What You Need:
- Multi-colored construction paper
- Black marker
- Pipe cleaner
What You Do:
- Cut out three small circles the size of a pea on a piece of colored construction paper.
- Cut out two triangles from a different colored piece of construction paper (these will be your "wings").
- Take the pipe cleaner and put it through the hole in the clothes pin. Once through, bend up the edges for the legs.
- Glue the three circles down the “back” of the bug.
- Glue the two triangles (the wings) on top.
- Dot on the eyes with the black marker.
You are now ready to fly your new little bug all around the house!