No-Cook Play Dough!
Here's a quick and easy recipe for homemade play dough that doesn't involve any cooking! Just mix, knead, and you're ready to play. This bright and colorful modeling clay is a great instant toy that is simple enough for your preschooler to help make!
What You Need:
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 cups flour**
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Powdered paint or food coloring**
- Bowl and spoon
- Cutting board
**Note: If you or your child have a wheat or gluten allergy, you can use gluten free flour instead of regular flour. Also, be sure that any food coloring you use is gluten free.
What You Do:
- In a bowl, mix the water, salt, oil, and enough powdered paint to make a bright color. You can also skip the added color and leave the dough white.
- Gradually work flour and cornstarch into the mixture until it reaches a bread dough consistency.
- Pour the dough on a cutting board and knead until ready.
- Now you have brightly colored molding clay to play with over and over! Store in plastic containers with lids to play with over and over again.