Run, run as fast as you can…to create this adorable felt gingerbread man! You and your child can bring this beloved tale to life with felt, cardstock and brightly colored decorations. This beloved character is perfect for inspiring your budding reader during story time, or for celebrating holidays.
What You Need:
- Brown Felt
- Colorful Felt
- Wiggle Eyes
- White Glue or paste
What You Do:
- Help your child draw a gingerbread man on cardstock using a pencil.
- Have her cut out the gingerbread man shape to use as a stencil.
- Place the stencil on top of the brown felt. Have your budding artist draw around the stencil with a marker, then cut out the felt gingerbread man.
- Have her glue the felt gingerbread man shape on to the cardstock stencil.
- Next, glue on wiggle eyes to add expression.
- Assist your kid with cutting out pieces of felt to glue on for her gingerbread man's clothing.
- Add pom-pom buttons to complete his outfit.
- Have your little one glue on a pom for his nose and use a marker to draw on a mouth.
Ellen Dean has worked as an art educator in Thailand since 2005, working with both children and adults. She has also been a professional artist working in painting, sculpture and photography since 1996.