Homemade Fingerpaint Activity
If your kids enjoy playing with fingerpaint, they will have a blast making their own homemade fingerpaint! They can create their favorite colors and make masterpieces using their new paint. Your kids can learn about primary colors along the way and which colors mix to form new colors.
What You Need:
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Different colors of food coloring
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Small jars or cups
What You Do:
- Put the water, sugar, salt and cornstarch into a pot.
- Heat the mixture on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- When the mixture begins to get thicker, turn off the heat and move the pot off of the hot burner to let it cool.
- After the mixture has cooled, place a little of the mixture into each jar or cup and add some food coloring to each one. Now you are ready to paint!