Orange peels, lemon peels, apple peels ... any peels! These fruity leftovers can easily be recycled into deliciously-scented potpourri. Show your kid how to make her own, and she'll be in for a real treat. The fragrant, netted pouches can be hung in a bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen, to freshen things up. And because you won't end up using chemical-laden sprays, your child will be going green, too!
What You Need:
- Orange, lemon, or apple peels
- Spices (such as cinnamon, nutmeg, mint leaves)
- Netting (hose can be used as an alternative)
- Old candles (optional)
- Rag or towel
- Ribbon or string
What You Do:
- Help your child collect fruit peels and dry them in a well-lit area, laying them out flat on a towel.
- Next, have her mix spices, peels, and candle shavings in a bowl.
- Help her pour the mixture into netting, and tie it securely with ribbon.
- Your child an use excess ribbon to hang the potpourri pouch in any place you think needs some freshening up!