If your child loves to dress up, and her inner royal is missing a crown, look no further. Just grab a few sparkly pipe cleaners and twist to create a crown that's half jewelry, half sculpture, and 100% shine.
What You Do:
- First, have your child lay two pipe cleaners side by side, with the ends overlapping slightly.
- Next, wrap and wind those ends until they are completely entwined to create one very long pipe cleaner.
- Have her continue to add the rest of the pipe cleaners, overlapping ends and wrapping them together, creating one long pipe cleaner chain.
- Working from left to right, begin to bend loops into the pipe cleaner chain, leaving the first five inches as a straight section, which will be interwoven with the tail end after all loops have been completed.
- Help your child gently bend a loop, then give it a twist before moving onto the next loop.
- Help her continue creating loops of equal size and spaced evenly apart until there are 8 or 9 loops.
- Place the tiara on her head and wrap the long end around to size the crown properly.
- Wind the two ends together to complete the crown.
Who ever knew pipe cleaners could look so glamorous? Becoming an instant diva or princess is simply a matter of a few quick twists of the wrist.
Grier Cooper is a California-based writer, photographer and dancer. She writes fiction and non-fiction for both children and adults and has many years experience as a child educator and a mother.