Second Grade: School and Academics Articles
So, your child's reading! You're done, right? Not so fast! Things are just starting to get interesting. Learn what your child should be able to do at the beginning and end of second grade reading.
What's in store at school for the second grade year? In general, expect these themes:
In search of some engrossing summer reads for your second grader? Look no further! We've combed the shelves for this list of great titles.
Second grade science teaches your child to plan and conduct simple investigations. Learn what your child should know at the beginning and end of second grade science.
By the end of first grade, your child was probably writing full sentences. But there's still a lot to learn. Find out where your child should be at the beginning and end of second grade writing.
Second grade math starts with a review of the basics from first grade and then moves to a series of new skills. Find out what your child should know entering and ending second grade math.
Most second graders aren't begging their parents to let them do more math work at home. However, it's very important that your child continues to learn outside of school walls.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Child Development Theories
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Signs Your Child Might Have Asperger's Syndrome
- Theories of Learning
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Definitions of Social Studies