Second Grade: School and Academics Articles
In search of some engrossing summer reads for your second grader? Look no further! We've combed the shelves for this list of great titles.
So, your child's reading! You're done, right? Not so fast! Things are just starting to get interesting. Learn what your child should be able to do at the beginning and end of second grade reading.
What's in store at school for the second grade year? In general, expect these themes:
Second grade math starts with a review of the basics from first grade and then moves to a series of new skills. Find out what your child should know entering and ending second grade math.
Second grade science teaches your child to plan and conduct simple investigations. Learn what your child should know at the beginning and end of second grade science.
By the end of first grade, your child was probably writing full sentences. But there's still a lot to learn. Find out where your child should be at the beginning and end of second grade writing.
Most second graders aren't begging their parents to let them do more math work at home. However, it's very important that your child continues to learn outside of school walls.
- April Fools! The 10 Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- First Grade Sight Words List
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Negative Potential of Video Games
- Technology in the Classroom: Helpful or Harmful?
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Child Development Theories