Second Grade: School and Academics Articles
In search of some engrossing summer reads for your second grader? Look no further! We've combed the shelves for this list of great titles.
By the end of first grade, your child was probably writing full sentences. But there's still a lot to learn. Find out where your child should be at the beginning and end of second grade writing.
Second grade math starts with a review of the basics from first grade and then moves to a series of new skills. Find out what your child should know entering and ending second grade math.
So, your child's reading! You're done, right? Not so fast! Things are just starting to get interesting. Learn what your child should be able to do at the beginning and end of second grade reading.
What's in store at school for the second grade year? In general, expect these themes:
Second grade science teaches your child to plan and conduct simple investigations. Learn what your child should know at the beginning and end of second grade science.
Most second graders aren't begging their parents to let them do more math work at home. However, it's very important that your child continues to learn outside of school walls.
- Why Do Students Struggle With Mathematics
- How to Discipline Children and Help Them Develop Self-Control
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Introducing Yourself to the Classroom Guide for the Substitute Teacher
- The Best Kids Magazines for the Elementary School Set
- Teaching Your Kids About Ramadan
- Caring and Sharing
- Similarities and Differences Between Boys and Girls
- Definitions of Social Studies
- Characteristics of Children with Mental Retardation