Second Grade: School and Academics Articles
Second grade science teaches your child to plan and conduct simple investigations. Learn what your child should know at the beginning and end of second grade science.
What's in store at school for the second grade year? In general, expect these themes:
By the end of first grade, your child was probably writing full sentences. But there's still a lot to learn. Find out where your child should be at the beginning and end of second grade writing.
So, your child's reading! You're done, right? Not so fast! Things are just starting to get interesting. Learn what your child should be able to do at the beginning and end of second grade reading.
Second grade math starts with a review of the basics from first grade and then moves to a series of new skills. Find out what your child should know entering and ending second grade math.
In search of some engrossing summer reads for your second grader? Look no further! We've combed the shelves for this list of great titles.
Most second graders aren't begging their parents to let them do more math work at home. However, it's very important that your child continues to learn outside of school walls.
- Kindergarten Sight Words List
- Coats and Car Seats: A Lethal Combination?
- First Grade Sight Words List
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Child Development Theories
- Why is Play Important? Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Creative Development
- Problems With Standardized Testing
- 10 Fun Activities for Children with Autism
- Curriculum Definition
- A Teacher's Guide to Differentiating Instruction