What You Need:
- Lollipop sticks
- 6–8 large marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Sprinkles in red, white, and blue
- Custard cup or other small microwave safe bowl
- Small plate
- Juice glass
What You Do:
- Help your preschooler insert a lollipop stick into each marshmallow.
- Have your preschooler count the marshmallow pops, then help you measure the chocolate chips and pour them into the microwave safe custard cup or bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. If they haven't melted yet, continue to heat for 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each round. Keep an eye on the chocolate at all times; once the chocolate starts to melt, it will be ready very quickly. Don't microwave the chocolate for more than 15 seconds at a time or the chocolate could burn.
- Decorating time! Help your preschooler dip a marshmallow pop into the melted chocolate, then hold it over the plate and sprinkle red, white, or blue sprinkles over it.
- Place the finished marshmallow pop into the juice glass for the beginnings of a marshmallow pop display.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with each marshmallow, varying the color of the sprinkles each time.
Share this sweet treat with the family after you enjoy a delicious meal!