What You Need:
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Pictures of different modes of transportation
What You Do:
- Have your child cut a large piece of construction paper in lengthwise, so she has a long, horizontal strip for the book.
- Use a rule and pencil to mark the paper into several evenly-spaced boxes, for each of the pages.
- Now your child can fold the strip of paper back and forth like an accordion, by folding it on the first line, then flipping it upside down and folding it on the next line, and then repeating until the entire strip of paper is folded up.
- Have your child draw or cut out pictures of the different modes of transportation so each one fits on a separate page of the accordion book. As she's cutting, talk about the noises that each makes!
- Have your child glue one picture onto each page, and identify their names.
- Now she can write the names under the pictures.
- Let the book dry completely before folding it up.
Fold up this book and keep it in your pocket for a fun activity on the go!