What You Need:
- Construction paper (brown, red, orange, yellow)
What You Do:
- Help your child measure her head with a tape measure or piece of string.
- With that measurement, cut out a strip of brown paper that is about an inch longer, and one inch wide, for the base of the crown.
- Now your child can cut triangles out of red, orange and yellow construction paper for the flames. Layering different colors on top of each other create a beautiful effect--this is a great time to experiment with different sizes.
- Have her glue the flames together, and onto the backside of the brown strip. Add tape along the back of each flame to secure it even more.
- Stick three large marshmallows onto sticks, and tape the sticks to the inside of the crown, in between the flames.
- Form the crown into a circle and glue or tape the ends together. It's ready to wear!
If this project has awakened your appetite, try our s'mores recipe!