What You Need:
- Medium or large strawberries, washed
- Chocolate pudding
- Plastic knife
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
What You Do:
- Help your preschooler use the plastic knife to cut the tops off the strawberries.
- While she works, you can use the paring knife to enlarge the hole in the center of the strawberry slightly by removing the white pithy part of the fruit.
- Have your preschooler use a spoon to fill each strawberry with chocolate pudding. This part is fun but messy so have a clean up cloth ready if messes bother you.
- Put the filled strawberry in a bowl, propped against the side so that the pudding doesn't ooze out.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the strawberries are filled with pudding.
- Serve the finished chocolate filled strawberries to the family and encourage everyone to marvel at your preschooler's dessert skills!
Hands and faces are almost certain to be smeared with chocolate pudding after enjoying this treat so why not finish off the afternoon with a family water fight in the backyard?