What You Need:
- Construction paper, black
What You Do:
- Have your child situate his piece of paper so it's horizontal, or landscape.
- Ask him to make accordion folds, back and forth in even sections.
- Encourage him to draw a bat on the surface of the folded paper. The edges of the wings should match up with the edges of the paper.
- Have him cut the bat out, making sure not to cut the ends of the wings on either side.
- Ask him to carefully unfold the cut bats and expand them into a chain.
- Tape the bats to a door, or across a doorway. If he's feeling bold you can even fill an entire hallway with them!
Helpful Tip: For a long cloud chain of bats, tape together several sheets of paper. To make the bats appear as if they're flying in the distance, draw them smaller. Larger bats will appear as if they are close-up.