What You Need:
- Spaghetti squash
- Tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is warming up, cut the squash in half and puncture a bunch of holes in its skin. Then lay it flat on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Once the oven has reached an optimal temperature, cook the squash for 30–45 minutes, or until you can easily puncture its skin with a knife. This is a great time to show your child how to set a timer.
- Allow the squash to cool.
- Warm up the tomato or spaghetti sauce in a pan.
- Scoop out the seeds from the center of the spaghetti squash and discard, or roast the seeds in a similar way you would pumpkin seeds for another treat! Fork out the “spaghetti” strands into a bowl.
- Mix several tablespoons of the sauce into the squash. The squash texture should be stringy and not too saucy.
- Sprinkle in a handful of raisins and mix together.
Scoop out the “ghoul guts” into a glass and serve! Devilishly frightening!