What You Need:
- Glass container (large enough to hold a flower or bouquet)
- All-in-one glue, sealer and finish, such as Mod Podge
- Glitter, various colors
- Duct tape or painters tape
- Paper plate
- Flowers and water
What You Do:
- Find a glass container. You may have one around the house or you can find one cheap at a dollar shop.
- Help your child cut long strips of tape to wrap around the container in a stripe pattern.
- Your child can use a paintbrush to apply the glue to the glass. She should put glue on an area of glass that lies between the tape strips.
- After the glue is applied to one area, she should sprinkle glitter over the glue. Hold the glass over a paper plate while sprinkling glitter to avoid too much glitter mess! She can choose to use just one color of glitter for the whole glass or alternate stripes in different colors of glitter.
- Repeat step 4 for the other parts of glass that are not taped.
- After glue and glitter have been applied to all areas of the glass that are not taped, let the glass sit on the paper plate to dry for about four hours.
- After the glue has dried, help your child slowly peel off the tape from the glass, revealing the glittery stripes left behind!
- Put water and flowers inside the vase and you have a sparkly vase as pretty as a bouquet!
Once your child has made her first glitter vase and she understands the technique, encourage her to think up new, exciting patterns. You may be surprised how creative her next vase will be!