What You Need:
- Deck of cards with the face cards (jacks, queens, and kings) removed
- Two players
What You Do:
- Shuffle and deal the deck of cards face-down equally to both players. Explain that for the purposes of the game aces = 1.
- Tell them that each red card symbolizes a negative integer, and each black card symbolizes a positive integer.
- For round 1, ask both players to turn over a card at the same time and show it face up on the table. Whoever announces the the correct product, (answer), aloud first, wins both cards. If there’s a tie, both players can keep their cards.
- Players continue until one of them has all of the cards.
- Whoever has the most cards at the end of the game wins!
Here's a cheat sheet to remind players how integers work:
3 x 3 = 9
-3 x -3 = 9
3 x -3 = -9
-3 x 3 = -9