What You Need:
- Construction paper in various colors
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Clothes pins or binder clips
- Black construction paper
- White glue
- Aluminum foil
What You Do:
- Using construction paper of various colors other than black, cut the paper into 1-inch wide strips.
- Help your child roll 8 or more of the strips into tight coils around a pencil. When the strip has been rolled, add a dot of white glue to the end and hold it in place with a clothes pin or binder clip.
- When the glue dries, slip the finished coils off the pencil.
- Glue these coils together, on end, near the top of a black sheet of construction paper. This will be the center of the firework.
- Begin rolling a coil but leave a long tail. Make at least 8 of these streamers. You will use them to form the star burst shape for your firework.
- Glue the streamers onto the paper one at a time. The easiest way to apply glue to the entire streamer is to put some glue on a piece of aluminum foil and dab the paper into the glue. Position these streamers around the center of the firework.
- Let the glue dry and then the firework is read to display.
Help your child make several pieces of firework art to set up a special art show for the 4th of July.