What You Need:
- Multi-colored sheets of felt, cut in half
- Hole punch
- Yarn, about 3 feet in length
- Yarn, cut into 4-inch pieces (one for each leaf)
- Paper tape
What You Do:
- With a pencil, have your child draw a different leaf on each piece of felt. Encourage him to make the leaves as large as possible to cover the majority of the area of the felt.
- Ask him to cut out each leaf.
- Help him punch holes at the top of the cut-out felt leaves.
- Tape one of the ends of the yarn into a tip to help it go through the felt holes more easily.
- Have him thread the yarn through the felt leaves, then cut off the taped tip of the yarn.
- Tape the banner in place and spread the leaves out so they are evenly-spaced across the length of the string.
- To help keep the leaves where you want them, thread a 4-inch piece of yarn through the hole in the first leaf, tie it around the yarn holding up the banner, and make a bow. Repeat this action for each leaf.
- Hang in a place of prominence to celebrate the season!
You and your child can make as many of these leaf banners as you like. They're easy to make and they'll look great hanging up in your home.