What You Need:
- Used Halloween candy wrappers
- Cardboard (try reusing a piece of a cereal or shoebox)
- Glue stick
- Tempera paint
- Fallen leaves
- Construction or tissue paper (if desired)
What You Do:
- Choose a specific Halloween theme. We made a graveyard!
- Help your child to cut the wrappers to create interesting shapes.
- Have your little one arrange the piece of cardboard in a landscape position.
- Create a collage using the wrappers, and any other small objects your child may want to include as part of the collage. Add construction or tissue paper if desired.
- Set aside to dry.
- Paint details onto the design using the tempera. Let dry.
- Adhere leaves around the border of your picture collage.
As an added bonus, this activity will help your child to learn about concepts such as color, shape, and texture. Make sure to have her point out the letters and words on the wrappers as she works, and then count how many candy wrappers she used to create her oh-so spooky Halloween collage.