What You Need:
- Brown paper bag
- An old newspaper
- Orange, black paint, and green paint
- Large and small paintbrushes
- Green Ribbon
- Old newspapers
What You Do:
- Invite your child to turn the paper bag inside out so that any writing on the outside of the bag is now facing the inside.
- Now he can crumple pages of the newspaper and use them to stuff the paper bag until it is just about full, puffing it out into a round, pumpkin shape.
- Next, your child can secure the top of the paper bag by using a length of clear tape to gather and hold the bag together.
- To create the Jack-o'-Lantern, invite your child to coat the outside of the paper bag with orange paint. Let him to take his time and give the bag a good coating, encouraging him as he works out his fine motor skills and improves concentration!
- Once the orange paint is dry, your child can use a smaller paintbrush to create a spooky or goofy face for his Jack-o'-Lantern.
- Now he can finish the pumpkin by tying a length of green string at the top of the paper bag, and adding a few strokes of green paint to make the top look like a stem.
Place the finished colorful Jack-o'-Lantern on the front step to share with the neighborhood your Halloween spirit!