What You Need:
- Pictures or photos of things found in your yard (for example, a tree, slide, swing, fence, bush, etc.)
- A box
What You Do:
- Place the pictures in the box, and place the box in the center of your yard.
- Invite your child to stand several feet from the box.
- At your signal, your child runs to the box, takes out a picture, looks at it, drops it back in the box, and then runs to the object pictured.
- After touching the object, she runs back to her starting point.
This is a great way for your child to get some moderate- to vigorous-intensity physical activity, to identify objects, and to appreciate the outdoors!