What You Need:
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Rolling pin
- Pizza cutter
- Plastic wrap
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
What You Do:
- Start by measuring the flour and placing it on a clean worktable with your child.
- Show your child how to create an indentation in the flour for adding the egg, salt, and pumpkin pie filling.
- Get ready to mix the dough. Encourage your child to squish and mix the dough together until it forms a soft mass. Add more flour if necessary.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough and dust the worktable and dough ball with flour and unwrap the dough.
- Fill the stockpot half way with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Take half the dough and show your child how to use the rolling pin to roll the dough into a long and thin rectangle. Invite him to use the pizza roller to create long thin strips of pasta.
- Roll and cut the rest of the pasta and then drop the strips in the boiling water and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and toss the hot pasta in the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then dig in!
The pasta tastes delicious alongside roasted chicken and greens.