What You Need:
- Tin can
- Small container
What You Do:
- Have your child to make sure his tin can is clean and dry before beginning his project.
- Now, give your child the bits and pieces of string to use for wrapping his can. Not only is he recycling a can, he’s using all those leftover pieces of string! He can think about color arrangement or patterning before beginning. To make the gift really special, he can even use his favorite colors!
- Have your child to pour some glue in a small container and use a paintbrush to coat the outside of the can.
- Now he can begin wrapping the can with the pieces of string, pressing them gently to the can as he goes – this will help him hone his fine motor skills!
- Encourage your child to continue coating with glue, wrapping and pressing the string until the entire can is covered.
- Now he can fill the can with new pencils and pens.
This pencil holder also makes a great gift that will help keep any desk organized.