What You Need:
- 12 ounces gluten free short cut pasta, cooked as directed
- 1 can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup reduced fat milk
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 cup fresh corn, cooked and cut from the cob
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large or 1 small sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, divided
- ½ to 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, corn, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and mushrooms until the mushrooms are tender and the onions translucent. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and onion mixture to the mixing bowl. Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the pasta and bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Try adding a few tablespoons of diced pimientos or sautéed bell pepper for added color and flavor.
Did You Know?
The first American pasta factory was founded in 1848 in Brooklyn, New York by a Frenchman who spread out his spaghetti on the roof to dry in the sun.